Tuesday, November 20, 2007

simply French white...


A simple restaurant, with a simple him, with simply delicious dishes, and with a simple French wine is all that I need to end my stressful day yesterday. And you might be able to imagine the kind of relief and hair-let-down emotion I feel when the combination of some wonderful Lobster and crab stuffed mushroom covered with cheese, coupled with a glass of French white wine took control of my mind. I was no longer thinking of work anymore. Yes, nothing beats having some wine after a stressful day. It just flushes my worries and burden away...Swoosh...

Oh, and not allowing myself to be overly engrossed with the powerful sense of relaxation I felt last night (though I seriously would love to go through that moment again), let's go into the topic for tonight. Ahh..yesh some white wine would be lovely.

I particularly love having the company of reds during meals. However, the combination of light dishes with white wine last night really proved itself perfect. Erms... Alright almost perfect. With some seafood in the dish, I thought maybe some medium-bodied white might fit in just right. So I ordered a glass of classic french white from Languedoc. It's actually a Cornerstone wine. And just for some additional information, Cornerstone wines are actually conceived by Clinton Ang at the age of 28, this allowing him to be the first Singaporean to enter into joint ventures with vineyard owners in France. Through this, he also tried making and blending his own style of wines, challenging mindsets and tradition! Woohoo...3 cheers to his courage and terrific move!

Hmmmmmm and so now comes the details of how the wine taste like. Right there sitting in that glass captures the aromas of green apples and lime. The texture is rather smooth, and the aftertaste is indeed refreshing. As I coupled it along with the light mushroom seafood dish, I would say the combination isn't bad at all. The wine is not too weak and neither is the dish. None is too over-powering as well. Served chilled, the wine also gives a tinge of added freshness to my palate, and this helps me even after I completed the dish as it prevents me from feeling too sick or filling from the meal.

Oh and sorry folks, no pics for this wine recommendation this time round coz yup was in a restaurant. I would seriously loved to take some pics to post it here but well... here's some information about it in case you wanna give it a try.

CornerStone
Classic French White
Languedoc, France
Wine best for Asian dish
12% ALC/VOL
Best served at around 8 degrees.

Hope you guys like this recommendation. On an added note, this white might not be a real fantastic one, but if you just want something for casual drinking during meals, to round up it's quite a nice and smoothing one...So I gathered it's still worth some recommendation! *cheers* =)

P.S Some information used above is gathered from:
- "http://www.cornerstonewines.com/cs_wines.htm" on information for CornerStone wines
- "http://www.xotravelconsultants.com/images/white-wine.jpg" for the picture used

0 comments: