Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Wine dotes you and protects you...

Just came back from gym, had a great work out after lazing around for so long. Have you ever felt just like me about how much you need to protect your health more? Well, while exercise is one of the most highly recommended element to add in, why not consider adding in some wine?

And no I'm not trying to kill you or shorten your lifespan, I'm trying to help strengthen your life a little here. Many of us would probably nod our heads profusely if I were to ask if you have ever heard that alcoholic stuff should always be avoided simply because it is harmful to our body. Before this perception continues to take it roots in your mind forever, let me attempt to lift you away from it and be glad and jump to joy that not all alcoholic drinks are "evil"!

Wine, standing out from all the other alcoholic drinks, have been proven to have the ability to gear our body system better! If you happen to see my cbox by the side of the blog, you would see my recommendations to have max just 1 glass of red wine a day and not more. Why? Well, in the case of wine, more is never better.

According to New York Reuters Health, while the consumption of one glass per day appears to aid in reducing the risk of heart disease, but having two or more each day actually showed signs of offsetting the benefits by increasing the risk of some cancers. So do remember to cap your wine consumption ya? Enough for the restrictions, let us now divert our attention to find more reasons to love wine.

If you wanna know how much wine loves and protects you, here's a summary for you:
For men, wine loves you too much to see you suffer from cardiovascular disease and cancer, and hence while it does not stop you from contracting these totally, it does reduces the risk for you. As for women, cheers and be a woman wine drinker as a new study from Harvard University has shown that woman wine drinkers tend to have fewer kidney stones and also find their mental functioning more well preserved!!!Moderate, and yes I emphasize moderate wine, can also help to reduce stroke risk as well as reduce the risk of Arteriosclerosis (the gradual build-up of fatty deposits in the arteries). Oh and in case women out there are now sad because you wonder if the cardiovascular benefits runs only in the genes of men, allow me to cheer you up because you are entitled to that privilege too!! Additionally, wine consumption may also help lower the risk for upper digestive tract cancer as well as lower lung cancer risk.

With so many benefits in store in that glass of wine, are you still resistant and feel that it will only do you harm? But hey, before you say "No" to my question and decides to run to the nearest store to grab a bottle of wine to share the good news with your loved ones, maybe you can take my suggestion to choose a bottle of red wine rather then a bottle of white wine as it's been proposed that the effects of the benefits tend to be stronger for that by red wine! Most importantly, remember, the benefits will only open itself to you if you stay a moderate drinker! This is highly recommended. May the love of wine walk us through our lives! Cheers everyone!

*Dear readers,
Hope my casual writing style tonight will not cause you to feel bored or turn away. Do feel free to give me any comments or feedback on areas I can improve on. If there is any topic regarding wine appreciation you would like to know, do leave me a comment in the cbox on your right and while I cannot promise I can give the best answer, I will promise I will try my best to help bring the topic to life!=)

P.S. The above information has been gathered from:
- http://www.beekmanwine.com/prevtopab.htm

0 comments: